Keeping in Touch
HORTON GRANGE PRIMARY SCHOOL, COWPEN ROAD, KITTY BREWSTER, BLYTH NORTHUMBERLAND NE24 4RE TEL: 01670353503
PLEASE KEEP US UP TO DATE WITH CONTACT DETAILS AND MEDICAL INFORMATION FOR YOUR CHILD.
If your child is going to be absent please ring school before 9.30am on the first day. You will be able to leave a message stating name, class, reason for absence and when the child is expected to return. When a child is absent and no call has been received you will receive a text message asking you to make contact. If no contact is made we may refer to Education Welfare Services.
- Our school target is 96% which is the same as each child in school having only 7 days absence in one school year.
- Our Assertive Mentoring approach identifies children with good attendance and they are rewarded regularly.
- Each week we present a trophy to the class with the best attendance.
- If your child's attendance falls below 96% you will be notified and asked for support.
- Children whose attendance does not improve will be picked up by the Education Welfare Officer and you may be asked to attend an Attendance Panel at school.
- We work closely with Education Welfare to support the families of children whose attendance is a concern.
- Absence during term time will only be authorised in exceptional circumstances.
Click Here to view School Attendance Overview